Thursday, August 03, 2006

Monster Cartoons

I've got some paintings up for sale, finally. This is the first time I've had a showing of my work. It's not a gallery, thought...it's a bar, which is more my speed. I've got 4 paintings up on the brick walls at the Elbow Room near downtown on Gaston.
(click for much larger images)


"Man Discovers Fire (Granite Foot Flintstone's Weekend Project) 12x12 acrylic on masonite





"Robotmonster" 16x20 acrylic on canvas




"Goodwill Ghoul" (You Can't Take It With You) 16x20 acrylic on canvas



"Racing for Pinks" (Was the Space Program the Ultimate Drag Race?) 16x24 acrylic on masonite

I've got a 5th one I'm working on now...I'll post that when I'm done.

I'm hoping to get other shows down the line, and if I don't sell any, at least I have a look people can watch for. Most of the paintings I do are these cartoon monster themes. I paint what I love to look at...all the crap I grew up and remember from when I was a kid...cereal box art, toys and toy box art..comics...cheap monster movies...y'know, stuff we all seceretly love.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bubblegumfink said...

I can't imagine you'll need to worry about not selling any. They're fantastic.

7:59 AM  
Blogger dav said...

Ditto to Bubblegumfinks comment!

Also, I noticed you had paintings up at the "Pistons and Paint" Hod Rod/Rock-a-billy Freak Shows I went to, that were awesome.

Cheers.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Major Tool said...

Nice work!

...grasshopper...

12:54 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Joe theyse are so cool I wish I could buy one, but I'm broke as hell, RD

11:12 AM  
Blogger Kirk D. said...

Well done.. I'm inspired to paint!

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Dell Coupon
Free Hit Counters