Monday, August 14, 2006

Cum Ba Ya


Sunday night, Penny and I were relaxing, eating dinner, and watching two episodes of Davey and Goliath ....the Halloween Special "Who-Dun-It" and the episode called "Cum Ba Ya".
The Halloween episode had the kids dressing up and going out on "Mischief Night" and causing all kinds of havoc. They didn't even mention trick or treating...just running around and busting' things up. "Cum Ba Ya" was about Davey and some other kids singing "Cum Ba Ya" in their church. The trio breaks up right before the performance because one of them keeps questioning why Davey can hear Goliath speak English..and nobody else can.
Right as this is about to wrap up, I glance out the back french doors to my right. I'm only 3 feet away, and on the patio I see a skinny hunched over shadowy person inching toward our lawn mower. For about 3 seconds I stare dumbfounded at the audacity of this ass, and then I yelled to Penny sitting next to me, "There's someone on our back porch!" and then I banged the glass with my fist.
He jumps like a cat...I run to the back via the garage and open the doors there to see a dust cloud shaped like a skinny audacious thief. He's gone over the fence.
A few seconds go by, and then Penny comes barreling out the french doors with her Remington .22 long rifle. Standing in in the spot where the dust cloud was, Penny screams to me, "Watch out...!" she shoots a warning shot high over the alley, then screams "Yea...You better run, mutha f**ka!"

I'm reminded of Granny Clampett, momentarily...she's then gone in an instant, and has apparently run off, barefoot, and is in hot persuit for the thief in our truck.
Brandishing the .22, a high powered spot light, and gritting her Scotch Irish teeth, she combs the neighborhood for a guy who almost stole our lawn mower.


Tomorrow night I think we'll watch Gumby.

5 Comments:

Blogger COOP said...

Any woman who does that is a keeper! Nothing sexier than a wmoan brandishing a firearm!

5:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fun times in Texas!

11:07 AM  
Blogger dav said...

Sonfoabitch!
CrazyFuck wanted to pawn a mower badly. Joe is large, and not the first man I'd want to tangle with. And his wife is a dead-eye shot when it comes to perforating prowlers.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Phillip said...

Yeah, that Art Clokey stuff is like cheap whisky. It'll make you mean!

4:07 AM  
Blogger Phillip said...

Have you ever seen Moral Orel?

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Dell Coupon
Free Hit Counters