Monday, August 14, 2006

Comic Ads 1979

A while back I scanned the old comic bin at the Half Price Books store, and found a small cache of Micronauts comics from '79. I bought the handfull, not for the riveting adventures of the Micronauts (which I never got into...I was in high school by then), but for the great ads from that time. I'm sure a few readers would like to have a copy of these ads, as they might have been of the right age then. As usual, click, save, print out, and frame to hang in your cubicle.

The Saturday Morning Line-up!!
ABC


CBS


NBC


Goofy Marvel swag!




...and finally...


..the coolest Shogun Warriors ad ever!! These guys ruled when I saw them in '78 at the M. E. Moses 5 & Dime!

3 Comments:

Blogger dav said...

I WISH curly Neal was the President of the United States.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Chris Jart said...

I'm not sure why I love the comic ads so much. I wasn't particularly enthralled with them as a child, which was perhaps because they appeared in so many comics.

3:34 PM  
Blogger dav said...

crazy as a shit-house Rat..

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Dell Coupon
Free Hit Counters