Wednesday, October 12, 2005

MOON MONSTER geek fest part 2!!

Aaaaahh..the mail came yesterday and in a large envelope (probably very much like it originally came in..) was my MOON MONSTER!!! (echo effect again...) He was large! I spread him out on the floor and took pictures JUST for this blog.

Six feet...gotta hang it up somewhere...
Let's get closer....

Check out the planet behind him. He's looking RIGHT at YOU!! This image would make a great wallpaper actually. Click on it and save it. Let's get even closer...

Dang! You're all in his face 'n stuff. Take a Tic Tac, Moon Monster! ("oooh that smell...can't you smell that smell...the smell of Moon Monster that surrounds you..")

Check out the brush strokes. Originally, the painting must've been a little smaller than the print size. Looks like the artist knocked it out in about 2 hours...had other posters to paint, no doubt. Let's look at the "talons of hate".

Yep...he is "Horrifying" and "Exciting"...and "Thrilling"...but if I got him as a kid, I would'a been real pissed.
FYI..the actual creature the painting is based on, is from a great movie called..."Curse of the Demon".

3 Comments:

Blogger Fred Schiller said...

What a great find. Mind if I ask how much you paid? We should all pitch in and buy the Jack Davis poster, then take it down to Kinkos and get some monster-sized copies made.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Riley said...

I paid about $25 with postage and everything. We ought'a get the Davis poster...I'd also like to get that other Frankenstein poster...the really haggard looking one that advertised in the comics...the one with all the ripped clothes and everything.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Fred Schiller said...

Only $25!!! A bargain at twice the price. Of course you probably bought the last remaining one on the planet, and now we'll have to bow to you and call you our ruler. Well, it takes more than twelve inches to make you a ruler, buddy. Of course, if any of us had twelve inches we wouldn't be wasting our time talking about monster posters. We'd be having a sword fight with Ron Jeremy in some blonde. Oh...wait... I just threw up a little in the back of my throat. Sorry.

This is why I don't have any friends. Well, not counting Gus the bus driver who lives in the dumpster behind the Stop 'n' Shop. And the thing of it is, I don't even think he's a real bus driver. Sure, he's got one of those old time change makers on his belt, but I don't think bus drivers use those anymore. Plus, I've never seen him anywhere near a bus, let alone behind the well. But who am I to judge. Lots of people raise an eyebrow or two when I tell them I'm a Chinese jet pilot. It's not like I can take them to my hidden base and show them my jet. When they question my non-Chinese looks I show them a photo of what I looked like prior to plastic surgery, but they say it's a picture of Bruce Lee. Idiots! Everyone knows that Bruce Lee is Japanese.

I guess my only other friend I have is the one I see in the bathroom mirror every morning--Gavin McLeod. The steam from the shower ruined the first few 8x10s I had taped up there, but then I figured out to have them laminated. And before you ask, no, it's the the Captain Stubing Gavin I'm friends with. That was such a weak cartoon of a character I've simply decided that he doesn't exist and it never happened. No, the Gavin that I'm friends with is the one from the Mary Tyler Moore show. Newswriter Murray Slaughter. Now there's someone for a budding writer to look up to. His sense of humor was wry enough to need a couple slices of ham on it, but every line he delivered was a zinger to me. And to see deep into the heart of who the character was is as simple as looking at his name Murray Slaughter. Jack the 'S' over to the left and it tells the whole story.

But all of this is neither here nor there. Monster posters are cool. And comics and cartoon characters from cereal boxes. That's the important stuff, right? Of course I'm right.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Dell Coupon
Free Hit Counters