Thursday, January 19, 2006

Menooshea History

This blog actually started out as a zine a year ago. I wanted to do an old school cut n paste xeroxed zine called Minutia and sell it for a buck at the more esoteric book stores. Y'know...go all 90's and zine crazy with the whole Art Chantry clip art thing. Then, I saw Dave's blog and thought..."Hey, I don't have to spend any dough on printing and a lot more people will see the posts/articles." It's a little more free style...all you do is type, attach and post...AND it's in color!
Here's the covers for issue #1.


I'm going to write the same articles here that I planned for the zine, so it'll be like the printed version.

...you just can't read it on the john.

3 Comments:

Blogger dav said...

I got that Munsters box set with the metallic green fancy box. I't pretty great. One memorable scene; an extremely hideous alien saying "my those earthlings are getting rude". Name that episode.

Anyway did you know (or care) that there are people on the web selling your "hypnotic eye " tapes/dvd's?

1:23 PM  
Blogger Shep said...

Hey, your blog is everything my blog wants to be when it grows up.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Riley said...

davechucknstein..
Yea...I know the guy who selling those copies, and it's a deal we made a long time ago. It's pretty cool knowing that people are still watching that show in this day an age of access to everything on DVD. I fear they don't play as well since a lot of those clips are available now...nothing's obscure since DVD happend.
Someday I'll author my 3/4 masters to DVD.

...and that episode is where Herman is fartin' around with his ham radio set and pics up some kids playing "spaceman". Herman and Grandpa track down the signal and see a way cool kid's UFO playset in someone's back yard. They think they're aliens 'cause they're small.
The line you quoted was from the end when Herman continues to use the ham radio and actually connects with aliens.
I'm gonna look up the episode title now in a different browser....
"If a Martian Answers, Hang Up"...

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Dell Coupon
Free Hit Counters