Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Col. Steve Austin...the Twelve Dollar and Forty Nine Cent Man

Back when I posted about this cool site, Plastic Model Building Mania, I also showed a picture of the great Six Million Dollar Man model that he'd built. I even mention in the post that I was going to go on Ebay and look for my own Steve Austin kit, as I apparently gotten the 70's model kit bug...again!
Well...I went biddin' and won, not one, but two...or actually one and most of a second one. I won the very Six Million Dollar Man kit I was looking for..."Jaws of Doom" and most of the "Evil Rider" kit in one auction. I got'em today and I'm posting the great box art and the instruction sheet for "Jaws of Doom".


You can actually print out the instruction sheet on legal size paper and proudly display it in your home or office.

(front and back)

(inside)

I'll show pics of the finished model when it's done.

...when I'm not building other models...ahem.

6 Comments:

Blogger dav said...

Please enroll me in the Bionic Action Club.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Chris Jart said...

Ack! A couple of years ago my friends gave me this Six Million Dollar Man model they found at a garage sale. It hasn't been painted, has no box or instructions, but has been put together. Now after seeing the picture, I am ecstatic to know it is the Evil Rider model kit!! Wooo! As if the model wasn't great enough, the name Evil Rider is excellent!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Riley said...

Chris...I'm bidding on another Evil Rider now on Ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:US:11&Item=6024863088 ) in hopes of getting the other peices (which are the all important Evil Rider himself, and some odds and ends) so I can finish that model out.
Evil Rider is a great pun on Easy Rider" and as we now know...everybody that rides a chopper is evil. Duh.
Dave...I want to send off the club membership application just to see what I get back in return. Probably a nice fat "Grow Up, Jackass!"
I'm also bidding on the Fight for Survial model on Ebay. Gotta have a kit of a guy, in a matching denim outfit, lifting a gorilla over his head. That'd look great as a table centerpeice for my candle light suppers.

2:25 PM  
Blogger spacesick said...

that is one awesome series! it's suprising that a company would brand such ridiculous poses, but anything for a buck, I guess. that "evil" rider gave me a chuckle as soon as I saw it.

apparently, here's what you'll recieve once you join the Bionic Action Club.

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/studio/hermit/bionic/bionicclub1.html

I wouldn't wait by the mailbox though.

2:55 PM  
Blogger spacesick said...

nobody cuts off my links. nobody.

link

2:57 PM  
Blogger Riley said...

Fight for Survival is one of the best poses...but Bionic Bustout is the worst pose of them all. I didn't like that one when I was a kid. If I ever get that one, I'll pose him standing up...poised over a tiny toilet.
When I get one painted up, I'll post pics. You gotta see the likeness of Lee Majors!

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Dell Coupon
Free Hit Counters