Wednesday, February 08, 2006

My Grandpa Died


I found out Saturday.
I'm not going to go into a long post on how Al Lewis effected me as a kid, there are plenty of other blogs and sites that will write reams on that subject. Suffice it to say that, what you saw of him on the Munsters...is what you got with Al Lewis. That's why everybody knew him as their Grandpa.
Watch the old episodes and see a guy having a blast being himself.

Now go over to SCAR STUFF and download the Munsters album. (This is the rock group collection of songs, not the original cast album) A tricky one to find.

2 Comments:

Blogger spacesick said...

As I've said elsewhere, it's a damn shame. But I guess this is one of those rare times when we knew it had to happen some time. Not like with Fred.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Riley said...

Yea...he lived a long life and apparently enjoyed every second. A great example to emulate.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Dell Coupon
Free Hit Counters