Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Link Link


More sharities...I found this some place online, but I can't remember where. Link Wray stuff is kind'a hard to find on vinyl and I have little or none these days. I swiped this as soon as I saw it.
Someone ripped this from good 'ol Sundazed records and so I must pass it on.

Link Wray and his Ray Men-White Lightening,The Lost Cadence Sessions (1958)
"This is the fantastic and fiery album that was supposed to have been released as a follow-up to one of the all-time great, instrumental classics, “Rumble.” But faster than you can say “Drag Race,” everyone was talking about the new threat to the morals of American youth — Cadence label-owner Archie Bleyer included. That’s why Link and his boys were off the imprint, and this album of his prime-era, distorto-guitar-crunch cool remained unreleased for nearly 50 years! At long last, here it is, and it’s every bit as dirty and dangerous as you would expect!"

Kool, dad!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ken Mitchroney said...

I dig the font too!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

fantastic

9:46 AM  
Blogger Riley said...

That font is endsville!

9:50 AM  
Blogger dav said...

Love his tune "raw hide", which is great for random party playlists. (not the TV show theme). Dig it up, and dig it dad.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Dell Coupon
Free Hit Counters