Sunday, July 08, 2007

7-7-7 Savage Intimacies

Yesterday was the 60th anniversary of the Roswell Incident and my second gallery opening. As posted back in Sept of 06, my first real gallery showing went off well, selling 3 of the 4 pieces shown. This showing at the Mighty Fine Arts Gallery is for a full month, so I didn't expect to see anything flying out the doors that night. It was with other artists like Robert Moore, Polly Perez, Val Curry, Donna Huanca, Brooke Slane, Pedro Velez and Michael Wynne.

(Steve Cruz, owner of Mighty Fine Arts Gallery)


The curator was Randall Garrett who kicked off the festivities by performing a "make it or break it" performance piece with old vinyl records.


While playing a track or two from a particular LP, Randall would show the cover to everyone, ask them to listen, then after the tracks were over, ask them to make it or break it by a thumbs up or thumbs down.


Quite a few LPs bit the fat one, but you'll be happy to know that the Space 1999 soundtrack survived by a unanimous thumbs up vote.

Inside, art glowed from the walls.


(Work by Robert Moore}





(the latest work from Polly Perez)




(a couple of my pieces, better viewed on Myspace ...)







(pieces by Brooke Slane)




(April basks in the glow of audio cassettes...)

(...yes, audio cassettes!)



(..and Kim and Mike were there as well! Yeah!)




I'm hoping to get a one man show, but I'll have to paint my butt off to do that. It's going to happen. More later on news of other shows I'm involved with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Dell Coupon
Free Hit Counters