Thursday, November 10, 2005

Halloween Costumes

No, I'm not through with Halloween. It's year 'round, as far as I'm concerned.
This year we were invited to a Halloween party, so Penny and I wanted our costumes to rock.

After the party, some people who didn't go, wanted to see me and Penny's costumes, so I'd thought I share a few pics with ya.
First up is Penny's, entiteld "The Littlest Girl In Texas". It's pretty self explanitory. Here's a test run with everything in place, but no set dressing.


Pretty funny.
Here's close ups of the "stage" dressing...


...and the final effect at the party...

...and meeting her idol...Pippi Longstocking!!

My mask for my costume was based on a person named Simon Metz...better known as Schlitze (Schlitzie) the Pinhead from the movie "Freaks". Here's a frame grab:

I knocked out a rough sculpt in water based clay in a few sessions (1-2 hours each session). I showed these pics to some friends who gave me advice on things I couldn't see, because I was too close to the sculpt.


Penny is my best sounding board and helps greatly in this area of objective veiws. She can see things that I can't and can pinpoint the subtlest point of anatomy. She's my favorite tool. (ha ha..I called you "a tool", Penny!)
After a few more sessions, I had what I wanted...or what time would permit. Here's the finished sculpt...



...and the finished mask...




In retrospect, if I had enough time, I would have made the front teeth longer...a point Penny made..and made the cranium even smaller. BUT, as it was, I was still trying to cram my large head into impossible proportions. Here's the costume with the mask at the party....

Our friend Eric came along to the Halloween party and began to throw zombie gang signs...

...so our hosts threw us out...

...stupid zombie Eric.

13 Comments:

Blogger dav said...

Lol, world's tallest pinhead, great effect. Great choice for a mask. I love sissy/schlitze/pip/flip/pinhead/missing link/ aztec. Well done, again.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Chris Jart said...

Wow! That mask is really impressive.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Marvin P. Android said...

Any chance you have a how-to on getting the mask from sculpy to latex?

10:24 PM  
Blogger Riley said...

Marvin...I could send you some pics if you have an e-mail. Mail it to me.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Vegas Dave said...

Just poking around your blog. Man, what a talent you have. The sculpture for the Schlitze mask alone blew me away. Then to turn it into a mask, wonderful.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

That is Fan-FREAKin-tastic!!!
You ROCK! Check my profile, I have always used Schlitze as my alter ego.
You are so talented!!!

9:23 AM  
Blogger AJ Ramone said...

Hi

Amazing mask. Do you sell commercially. I'm in a Ramones tribute band and we've been after something like this for absolutely ages - you can email me at safcjohnny@ntlworld.com

Thanks

5:39 AM  
Blogger John said...

Hey Joe,
I am blown away. Do you have any masks you would like to sell?
I am at toads@toads.biz.

8:14 AM  
Blogger non said...

I need that FANTASTIC mask! That's truly awesome. I want it. I must have one.
Sell me one. NOW.
:D
If interested in selling me one, contact pinktotenkopf@gmail.com.

I <3 Schlitze <3

2:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

AWESOME mask,. It would scare the HELL out my nephew. If you seel them send me information at louky001@yahoo.com

1:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I meant SELL them of course. louky001@yahoo.com

2:00 AM  
Blogger Física said...

I live in Brazil. love the Ramones. you sell this pinhead mask?? I thank

7:32 AM  
Blogger Física said...

I live in Brazil. love the Ramones. you sell this pinhead mask?? I thank

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Dell Coupon
Free Hit Counters